Mold will release spores that are easily inhaled if it grows in your home. Molds can cause nasal stuffiness, throat irritation, coughing or wheezing, eye irritation, or, in some cases, skin irritation, according to the CDC. Mold allergy sufferers can experience more serious symptoms. People with weakened immune systems and those suffering from chronic lung disease
Mold that grows in an air conditioner isn’t really more harmful than mold that grows elsewhere in your home. The aim of the HVAC ducts is to disperse air throughout the building, while the role of an air conditioner is to spread cool air throughout a room. They can effectively spread mold spores through an entire room or the entire house if they become infected with mold.
If the concentration of mold spores is high enough, you will have a mold problem all over the house, rather than only in one room, and you will be inhaling mold spores even while sleeping.
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin